Thursday, July 16, 2009

that was awkward


So far the hardest thing about Kai-Mei is getting a good picture. As many sock knitters know, it's awkward wearing an unfinished sock that's still on dpns. And, in this case, the lace pattern travels from the outside of the heel across the top of the foot, which makes photography even more challenging. When I couldn't turn my leg and foot far enough to get a good angle with the camera, I hopped down the hall to the full length mirror. Then plunked down, staged the sock, deactivated the flash and tried to hold steady for a good photo. My cat thought this was good fun - she disrupted several photos by nuzzling the needles, circling between my foot and the mirror, and bumping my hands to beg for attention. Thank goodness for digital cameras! One half decent photo from more than a dozen attempts.

1 comment:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I've had the same problem, but your pic looks pretty good!