Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Rocknrolla


While watching Rocknrolla on DVD, I was able to cast on my first mitt, working the cuff, the thumb gusset and starting the main portion of the hand. The movie runs true to the usual Guy Ritchie formula - a bunch of goofy criminals way over their heads and a complete mess in the end. Although, I kept thinking the character One Two should have been Jason Statham. Still, an entertaining movie if you liked Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.

Back to the knitting, it's the checkerboard pattern on the thumb that really rocks. Especially against the rest of the patterned mitt. The finished mitt'll be quite large - at least a men's medium, the size intended by the pattern. After I've knit a first pair from the pattern as written, I might modify it to make smaller sizes. So far I'm loving the pattern and the wool. I suppose I could felt the finished mitts, but it'd be a shame to soften the colourwork.

My Cielo blanket is blocked and dry now. And I'm really happy with it. The colours are spectacular, and with blocking, the pattern has really opened up. I skipped the edging called for by the pattern, but, if I did it again, I'd add a couple of plain knit panels on either side of the blanket. As it is now I have columns of yarnovers which don't leave nice edges. Not awful, but not great. I do have three more skeins of Noro Iro in my stash - so there's another Noro baby blanket in my future.

3 comments:

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

the blanket looks stunning!

Frieda said...

The blanket is spectacular ! Nice and the mitts are looking good too. I've had that pattern on the to do list forever ...

Susan said...

The blanket is just gorgeous!