Sunday, January 9, 2011

sock production


It's been a bit of a sock factory around here lately. With the deadline for the Warm Hands Network's January shipment looming, I've devoted my time to knitting as many pairs of children's socks as fast as I can. It might sound a bit tedious, but it's actually quite fun with this self-patterning yarn! Next weekend, I'm going to box 'em up and ship 'em out.

By end of day today the pair of turquoise jacquard socks will be completed, and, with any luck, I'll make a start on the second tangerine jacquard sock. Shirley and I are meeting up with fellow raveler Heather in Richmond Hill who has the tangerine yarn I need for the second sock and who is willing to trade for something in my stash.

Coincidentally, the location where we're to meet Heather is not far from The Knitter's Attic. And if we're going to be out that way, we may as well stop in and have a look around, don't you think?

3 comments:

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

they look so cosy and cute!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

The look great and are definitely going to keep some tootsies toasty!

Delusional Knitter said...

Awesome. Self striping sock yarn is enjoyable in itself, it really is addicting to knit to see what the next color will be. Of course you need to look around. I always make the obligatory purchase whenever I go to a yarn shop :)