Saturday, February 20, 2010

terrible things about sleeves


Mom used to complain about sleeves. Somehow, after knitting the body of the sweater you should be more than halfway done. But sleeves always take longer than you think they should. They're deceiving, and they increase as you knit upwards.

Worse news, once you've slogged through the first sleeve there's another entire sleeve to go. Never mind second sock syndrome, how about second sleeve syndrome?

Still the first sleeve is done, and the second is more than halfway - the pressure of competition is pushing me forward. Enough of these sleeves already; can't wait to get started on the stranded colourwork of the yoke!

3 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Ugh - I absolutely loath sleeves. I just finish the first one on my tea leave cardi and it took FOREVER. May have thing to do with the fact that i have crazy long monkey arms....

Louise said...

Looks great so far!

Susan said...

I hear you about the sleeves, that's just where I am.