Monday, February 8, 2010

brighter skies


The last post was a bit gloomy, huh? Not happy with anything, was I? Well, today finds me happier with my Shur'Tugal sock. With most of the foot complete I was able to try it on - and I like it a lot more than I thought I would. The pattern is holding up nicely, the stretch of the yarn contributes to a perfect fit, and the knitted fabric seems comfortable enough. All of which puts many of my fears to rest. I'm still not sure I'd buy this yarn again, but I'm more confident about carrying on to finish these socks. Add to that Frieda's comment the other day about my Heartland Lace shawl - noting that the cotton content of that yarn may work wonders when I block it - and things are looking brighter and sunnier around here, in a knitting sense anyway.

1 comment:

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

sometimes having the sock on your foot can make the project much more satisfying