Tuesday, February 9, 2010

first Shur'Tugal sock


After grafting the toe and weaving in the ends of my first Shur'Tugal sock I put it on. And was surprised about an hour later to realize that I had never taken it off. It is actually so comfortable that I don't even notice it on my foot. More than I can say for my Kai-Mei socks made of Koigu PPPM - a much posher, premium merino yarn.

As for the Shur'Tugal pattern, I'm enjoying it. There are some interesting details at the heel and at the toe that made the knitting a bit more fun and interesting. At the heel, columns of double slip stitches on the reverse side form bars up the heel flap. The instep pattern ends at diamond points just before the toe decreases. It's those little things that really make the pattern shine. Just three days to finish the second sock before Ravelympics.

3 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Neat - good luck getting the second one done in time!

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

it looks fab!
3 days for a sock?????
*faints*

Frieda said...

You can do it !

I'm definitely moving those socks up in my queue after seeing yours...