Thursday, February 25, 2010

the finish line


Yippee! I'm done! As the third period in the Canada-Russia Hockey quarterfinal game wound down, I wove in the last few ends of my Cottage Garden Sweater. And then raced to the computer to click through the finish line to make it official.

No medals here - I've finished about 530th in a field of 3564 competitors. But the competition spurred me on to work quickly to completion. I need that kind of motivation; typically, I'm much fonder of starting things than finishing them.

We're planning to spend this weekend at Lake Erie with friends, so I can give the sweater to its intended recipient and make sure it fits. And then decide what to knit next.

5 comments:

Frieda said...

Congratulations , it looks absolutely beautiful !

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Like I said finishing a sweater that fast is worth a gold medal no matter how many people beat you. It looks great!

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

it looks fab! well done!

One pair of Hands said...

There doesn't that look lovely. I knew you could do it. Lucky the someone who is to receive it.

Susan said...

Great job! Congratulations!