Tuesday, February 16, 2010

a knitting marathon


Thanks to our Premier yesterday was a provincial holiday - Family Day according to the calendar, Knitting Day for me. We had hoped to see Avatar in theatres, but when we got to our local Cineplex everything we were interested in seeing was sold out. So instead, we rented a bunch of movies and had a movie marathon. Mostly the movies were a bust. Couples Retreat was not funny, not entertaining and not worth watching, although French Polynesia looks gorgeous. The Time Traveller's Wife was so-so; I found the ending terribly sad and depressing. With The Invention of Lying Ricky Gervais failed to deliver the clever entertainment of The Office or Extras ... I found it entirely too sweet and predictable. Public Enemies was the best of what we watched, but it still fell flat - certainly not Johnny Depp at his best. Oh well, at least I got lots of knitting done.

1 comment:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

The only movie I've seen out of those is Public Enemy - I agree - it was good but not great. DEfinitely lacked something.