Monday, February 22, 2010

the fun part


After finally finishing the second sleeve Saturday evening, I couldn't wait to get started on the yoke on Sunday morning. It's fun to see the sweater come together and I've always enjoyed stranded colourwork. Unlike sleeves, a yoke decreases as you go meaning your progress accelerates - much more satisfying.

I'm also quite pleased with the yarn colours; because they are of similar intensity the resulting pattern is muted. Which is exactly what I had in mind. Looking at finished projects from other Ravelers, it seemed to me that in highly contrasting colours the pattern was overwhelmingly and distracted from the sweater as a whole. Now, back to it! The finish line is in sight!

3 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I like those colours... they look so nice together

Susan said...

Very pretty!

One pair of Hands said...

This sweater is going to be beautiful. I love the colours and the double picot edge. I think you're going to finish it in time.