Tuesday, October 21, 2008

almost fingerless


When picking paint colours for the sales offices at work I stayed on the warm side of the colour wheel. As I explained to a co-worker - the offices would become increasingly chilly, damp and numbing as winter progressed. And no sooner were the words out of my mouth when the thought of Fingerless Gloves popped into my head.

I've never had a pair of fingerless gloves - didn't see the point. But warming my hands on steaming mugs of coffee before returning them to my keyboard isn't a very effective strategy. The coffee cools too quickly and so do my fingers. And that much caffiene doesn't do me much good either. Maybe I should give fingerless gloves a try?

There are literally hundreds of fingerless glove patterns on Ravelry, but here's the pattern I settled on - Almost Fingerless Gloves. Using sockweight yarn means they won't be so bulky as to interfere with typing and working. And the columns of K3 P2 rib give lots of stretch, so they'll be nice and snug. I'm guessing the little beginnings of fingers will help the gloves stay put and fit properly. It looks like they're going to knit up quickly, so I'll let you know how they work out.

1 comment:

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

that's what I need to wear, I'll be interested to see how yours work out.