Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Work-in-Progress Wednesday


More than likely this first Glorious Cabled Mitt will be finished on my train ride to work this morning. And with any luck its mate will be cast on and ready for some steady knitting at work. Like everyone else these days I'm on a schedule. This project must be done, wrapped and ready for giving on Saturday morning. Considering the progress I've made in the last two days, my timing looks pretty good.

The yarn is lovely - it's Madeline Tosh Sock in a colourway called "Cove". It's very smooth yielding very crisp stitch definition and it is one of the least splitty yarns I've ever had the pleasure to knit. Definitely a good choice for all these criss-crossing cables on size 0 needles! I'm sorry to say I liked the colours better in the skein than knit up, but that's so often the case for me when I fall prey to the charms of variegated yarns. I'm not unhappy with it though; at least it's not pooling or striping or otherwise misbehaving.

Once this is done my plan is to reknit a smaller wine cozy. My next wine cozy will be knit in one colour; I'll add a pattern after it's knit and felted. I can't say I feel very confident about this as my embroidery skills leave a lot to be desired, but I'm going to give it a go. After that there's one more pair of socks to knit for the 29th, then that's it for the gift knitting. I think I can. I think I can. 

Check out Tami's Amis to see the work of lots more optimistic and hardworking little crafting engines!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful mitts. I think you can too. I keep adding to my list. And the things I add are very short deadlines!! Ack!

Alittlebitsheepish said...

The mitt looks super, good luck with the rest of your gift knitting

Erin Kate said...

Wow, they look amazing!

Andria said...

Wow, those are some seriously beautiful mitts! I can't even imagine size 0 needles......

Yarn Changer said...

that is a really great pattern. lovely color too. I'm glad to hear that yarn is easy to work with.

Danielle said...

Those mitts are stunning! love the cable's and the yarn!! xx

Anonymous said...

The cables on the mitt are simply gorgeous! I'm sure you can get it all done --- yes you CAN!!!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

They look great!

I love Tosh yarns - I've only knit with a couple but her dying is lovely.

pinkundine said...

I love the yarn, it works perfectly with the stitch pattern :) I know what you mean about preferring yarns in the skein though, it happens to me fairly often!

Merry Karma said...

Very nice mitts, and that Madelinetosh color way is just beautiful!

Liz said...

I love these mitts, they've been sat in my ravelry favourites for a couple of months waiting for me to clear other things off my list and have an excuse to make them! The colourway you've chosen is lovely - I know what you mean about varigated yarn though - it never quite turns out as I expect! Good luck getting them finished in time!

Paula said...

Pretty mitts! I keep hearing such great stuff about the Madeline Tosh that I'm about to give in and buy some. So pretty! Good luck with your deadlines -- you can do it!

Tanya said...

I am lusting after that yarn! gorgeous!