Friday, December 2, 2011

Not finished

one down, one to go!

Today's finished object Friday and there's not much finished around here. The mystery Christmas knitting project is almost finished. Just 35 rounds to go; about an hour and a half of knitting. I'll finish that up today and then block it tomorrow.

There is one finished Denmark sock, but I can't really call this project finished until there's a second one. That second sock is on the needles and has become top priority if only because I need these same needles for the next Christmas knitting project - Glorious Cabled Mitts. I can't wait to start them!

And happily the rest of our Christmas plans are starting to fall into place. Just a few more things to pick up and my shopping is done. With a bit of luck I may have most of it completed by the end of this weekend. Wouldn't that be nice? To coast into the holidays without any stress? It's a nice idea, but not likely. I tend to react to spare time by adding more to the to-do list. Let's just see if I can get through the next 24 days without promising to knit any sweaters!

4 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

It's amazing how quickly you can fill "free time" isn't it?

Anonymous said...

I love the pattern on that sock.

One pair of Hands said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your Mystery Christmas Knit. Trying to guess what it might be.

Alittlebitsheepish said...

Looking forward to seeing the secret project. I very nearly cracked and decided to knit about four paris of mitts for Christmas, but I have persuaded myself that chocolate truffles will be better recieved anyway (they are all non knitters)