Wednesday, December 7, 2011

work-in-progress Wednesday

almost a poinsettia

For the last couple of days I've been dividing my knitting time between socks for my Year of Projects and this knitted wine cozy. The poinsettia colourwork panel is my modification to the pattern - hopefully you'll be still be able to make it out after felting! I'd like to get this one finished and felted in the next few days. Just in case ... in case I can't felt it small enough to fit the bottle and need to knit another smaller version ... it could happen.

I was pretty lukewarm about this project when I started it, but it's growing on me. I particularly love this midnight blue yarn from Birggs and Little - feels like a very cold and clear winter night sky. My fingers are firmly crossed hoping that this works out how I'm envisioning it.

Progress around here has been at a snail's pace lately - life has been interfering with my knitting time. But over the next few days I'm going to have hours and hours of transit knitting time, so by next week I'll be way ahead. And for once I think I've limited myself to a reasonable number of Christmas projects. Maybe I'm finally getting older and wiser?

Check out Tami's Amis to see what everyone else has been up to!

14 comments:

pinkundine said...

Love the colour of the blue yarn, and I really hope the pattern still shows once it is felted (I'm sure it will!)

Can't wait to see it done :)

Marie/Underground Crafter said...

This is so lovely!

Erin Kate said...

Oh, beautiful! And what a classic look.

Paula said...

SO annoying when life gets in the way of knitting. On the plus side, your wine bottle bag looks fantastic. I think it'll look great once it's felted, and will be checking back to see if I'm right. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

love your pattern and the colours you're using - colour work leaves me in awe - looks so pretty but complicated! fingers crossed the felting goes well!

Christy said...

I love the colorwork. I wish I had the patience to follow a pattern like that.

Yarn Changer said...

I love the blue and white pattern. It does look like winter - but warmer.

Anonymous said...

Love that pointsettia pattern. Very pretty.

To answer your question: I didn't "make" the yarn change with the Monkey repeat. And, really .... it doesn't exactly, but just by luck ... it's close.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I think my Christmas knitting expectations were much more reasonable this year too!

the cozy is looking awesome - can't wait to see it felted

Tanya said...

Love the colourwork! Hope it turns out nicely :D

heather said...

That pattern is really pretty, but I bet it's a tough one!

Liz said...

I love the blue and the pattern! I hope it felts to the perfect size first time. :)

Andria said...

Oh so pretty! I can't wait to see what it looks like felted.

Simply Gabriela - Living La Vida Normal said...

I really like the colorwork on this project, I hope it will felt to the right size for you. Can't wait to see it done.