Monday, March 7, 2011

Put a fork in 'em ...


... they're done! Only sheer stubbornness got me through the last couple of repeats on the leg. Seriously. Now that they're done I'll admit that I still think the pattern is pretty. The cabled knots make a nice subtle effect and stacked them this way in ribbed columns makes for a snug-fitting sock. It's just too bad that the knitting of them became such a chore. The yarn feels really soft. I'm curious to see how well it wears.

I've folded up the finished socks and tucked them into a poly bag which I tied with some curling ribbon. Now they're ready for giving away. A cute little package, isn't it?

With the Knotty socks done, I've turned my attention to finishing the eyelet strip afghan that Nancy and I worked on together, as well as casting on a new pair of socks. My next sock pattern choice is Storm - simple columns of seed stitch look to be the antithesis of the aforementioned cable knots. After all, a change is as good as a rest, right?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The socks are beautiful and look so cute all wrapped up. I can't believe you can give them away after all that work. LOL

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

they look good even if they drove you round the bend!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

They look great! Well worth the effort!

WildflowerWool said...

They turned out great. Good for you for sticking to them to get them finished. My sock is sitting in my knitting bag....