Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Work-in-Progress Wednesday

We were awakened early, early this morning by the noise from a family of raccoons looting pears from our backyard tree. The raccoons are definitely winning the fight - by this time next week I expect there'll be no pears left for us. Since I'm up anyway, I may as well take some knitting photos and put together an early post for WIP Wednesday, right?

My focus on this work-in-progress Wednesday is to finish Hilja's Mitts. And with just the thumb of the right mitt left to go, that should be very do-able today. Especially now that I seem to have got a handle on these one-wick decreases (see yesterday's post). In today's photo you can see the fly pattern in the colourwork on the inside of the thumb of the left mitten. Cute, huh?

With the finish line in sight, I also cast on the first of a pair of Liivi's Stockings. The jury is still out on my colour choices here. Initially this seemed like an ideal project for odd balls of Jojoland Melody Superwash, but maybe there's too much variegation? The first two repeats of the flower pattern look to have drowned in there. Oh dear. Guess I'll carry on to see what I think after a couple more repeats - I really want to do this from stash yarn!

As for my Smitten Holiday Garland - nothing new to report here. It's been completely ignored by me for the last week. Mind you the cat has not been ignoring it. She likes to climb into the pile and toss the little mittens about to get my attention. Clever little cat - it works every time!

It's WIP Wednesday so I'm linking up with the group at Tami's Amis. Check the links for all the updates!

20 comments:

Wool Diaries said...

I'm speechless, they are gorgeous.

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Those mittens are fantastic! Thanks for the warning on Moda Dea

Yarn Changer said...

Wow! Those are great mittens!

Yarn Changer said...

I love those mittens, they are great

DeliaKnits said...

They look amazing!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful mittens! :-)

Sorry the raccoons woke you up. I'd be so mad that they were getting my pears! :-(

Unknown said...

The mittens are gorgeous. Raccoons are clever little thieves aren't they? They're really cute but they don't stop till they get all of what they want.

pinkundine said...

Cheeky raccoons!

Love the mittens, they look amazing

Babajeza said...

The mittens are beautiful.

Emily said...

Love, love, love that colorwork pattern on your mitts!

Kim Sonksen said...

Whoaaaaa - those mitts rock'n'roll!!!

bookworm-Mary said...

Love those mittens! The pattern is lovely and the colors are nice and simple!

Unknown said...

Wow, they are still so breathtaking! Such striking mittens - I adore them!
x

Jen said...

The mittens are looking great!

Andria said...

WOW, your skills are endless. Love those mittens!

Paula said...

Wow, those mitts are fantastic! Can't wait to see them finished

Unknown said...

The mittens are great! For the pair of socks, I think you are right it seems the pattern disappear in the variation of the yarn. I think you need to have one solid color, nothing like that in your stash?

Stefanie said...

Lady, ya've got made color skillz!
Glad the raccoons were just in your pear tree and not in the house.
My aunty once came face to face w/one that looked in on her in the bathroom window that was open.

WildflowerWool said...

Amazing mittens!!!

Kim said...

Amazing! Your technical abilities just keep on growing--wick decreases? Never heard of them!
*smiles*