Tuesday, July 24, 2012

it's crunch time


With three days left before the Ravellenics Games begin I should really be getting organized swatching, checking needle sizes and so on. I'm not though. I'm knitting this second Liivi's Stocking ... and I'm knitting as fast as I can.

I'm halfway through the third of six flower bands on the leg and I'm determined to finish the colourwork on the leg today. Secretly I'm hoping to be at the heel flap tonight but I'm often wildly unrealistic in my scheduling. Wouldn't it be great to have the second sock done in time for a Finished Object Friday post?

One thing about me is that I work really well under time deadlines. So much so that my high school physics teacher remarked that I was the perfect university student - slacking through the term and then cramming the entire semester's work in the days and hours before the final exam. Let's hope that's a skill that gets me to the finish line in the next couple of days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL I'm expecting I'll see a finished sock on Friday! :-)

Alittlebitsheepish said...

Fingers crossed for you, it sounds like an ambitious target

Stefanie said...

I'm sure you'll finish for FO Friday! You are so quick.