Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Work-in-Progress Wednesday


Wednesday, already! How did that happen? Must be something to do with the long weekend last weekend for Canada Day.

This week I'm exactly one sock further ahead on my Dragonfly socks. I'm taking part in a mini KAL with Tangled Up in Sticks and String, as well as participating in the Summer of Socks 2012. It's not too late to join up for either or both, if you're interested! Now that I've made a good start on the gusset decreases of the second sock, it's almost a sure thing that these'll be ready in time for FO Friday ;)

As for my Smitten: A Holiday Garland advent calendar, I've finished mini-mitt #13 so I'm about halfway. Although ... now I'm thinking I should make a second one for Gavin, so perhaps I'm not quite that far ahead. Looks like I will have enough odd balls and remnants in my stash in various weights to come up with 24 different colour mitts. Hurray for that! I'm still trying to decide what to do about numbering them, so suggestions are welcome.

And last but not least, what's black and white and red all over? I'm making a pair of Hilja's Mittens  with just a few more rounds to go until the thumb on the first mitt. I'm loving them so far and hope to have at least one finished for my Year of Projects update on Sunday.

Happy 4th of July to all my American friends. As always on Wednesdays, check the links at Tami's Amis to see what everyone else is up to!


13 comments:

Jen said...

Look at all those mittens! I'd love to that pattern for my daughter one day.

That sock pattern is gorgeous. Love the yarn you chose.

Unknown said...

I must agree with Jen, those mittens are some real eye-catchers, absolutely loving the pattern!!
x

WildflowerWool said...

What a colourful picture. Looking forward to seeing what you finish for Friday.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

You're going to be sick of mittens by the time mitten season comes! The are so cute though.

I've lost steam on my dragonflies - hoping to get back to it today.

Ashley said...

Oo lots of great projects started!

steph said...

Those mittens are gorgeous!!!! and I'm loving the socks, too--just put that pattern in my favs....thanks!

Shearer's Girl said...

What a lovely picture, the colours look good together, especially the mittens.

Unknown said...

I love your socks, the color, the pattern, every choice is nice. For the second garland, why not try some mini socks, it's easy too with a simple short row heel.

For the number why not just glue some felted number that you will have cut in a felted sheet?

RobinBrz said...

Every time I see the Advent mini-mittens I think - what a great idea. Today is no exception they are adorable. It looks like you making lots of progress on everything.

Anonymous said...

I love that jumble of color. That is a very happy pile of projects!!!

Kim Sonksen said...

I am So digging the Dragonfly socks and the mini mittens are so cute. I am contemplating doing the same advent calendar as they look so so cute

Paula said...

How cute are your little mittens! What reminds me that I need start making list of gifts as I'm nowhere near that organised! :)

Renee said...

I love all of your colourful WIPs! The colour and pattern combo for your socks is particularly beautiful though.