Monday, June 6, 2011

most of a sweater


It's an exciting moment, the moment when you knit across the stitches of the sleeve to join them with the body of the sweater at the yoke. It suddenly feels like most of a sweater, and that's where I am with this Brigitte sweater today. A few more days to knit the yoke, the button bands and then the sweater will be complete. Thursday? Friday maybe?

Yesterday at the garden centre I picked up some basil and cilantro to add to the chives growing in my herb garden container. There was a bewildering variety of herbs for sale, but at least with these two I know some recipes for using them. I have this idea that I can pick a handful of leaves a day and add them to the pot. Does it work that way? Or will I have a bumper crop one week in August and nothing the rest of the summer like with tomatoes? The basil especially smells terrific, now I just hope it grows. I suppose the trick here would be for me to remember to water them regularly. We'll see how that goes!

4 comments:

CTJen said...

Since I like to knit my sweaters top down, I get the sensation of having most of a sweater when I've picked up the stitches for the first sleeve. It's a cool feeling!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Wow - you're motoring!

Delusional Knitter said...

Great progress on the sweater! I have that "remember to water them" problem with plants too ... most of the ones I get for outside are really hardy and perk right up when watered.

WildflowerWool said...

Wow, you have it almost finished!