Sunday, June 26, 2011

the Distillery District


Gavin and I are just back from the Distillery District, a great place to visit during the Jazz Festival. After coffee at Balzac's, we wandered through the open air art market. I was particularly taken with handcrafted metal charms made from coins at Monedarte and clutch purses like these made from recycled license plates. Not to mention the artwork created from Rubik's cubes! Because we got arrived early there were still plenty of seats available near the main stage, not to mention plenty of parking spaces in the lots.

We had lunch at the Mill Street Brew Pub where Gavin sampled a coffee porter with his Turkey Club sandwich and I tried a pint of Cobblestone Stout with my burger. Delicious!

Tonight for dinner I'm trying another new recipe: Tofu & Broccoli in Peanut Sauce from a Canadian Living cookbook. No peanut allergies here, thank goodness; just think what you'd be missing! For the last few weeks I've made a point of trying new recipes; seems like we've fallen into a habit of eating the same things from week to week. I've had dishes with peanut sauces in restaurants and loved them, but I've never tried making anything like that at home, so it's time to give it a go. One thing? The recipes from Canadian Living seem to be well tested; they always turn out for me. And after such a filling lunch there's bound to be leftovers from dinner that I can pack as lunch for work tomorrow. That's the plan!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have one of those coins. Mine is from Australia and I use it as a stitch marker.