Tuesday, May 18, 2010

vacation day four


Although I finished my Fancy Socks, the photo is going to wait until this morning's showers clear, in the next few hours according to the forecast. I did cast on another pair of socks last night using my Lantern moon Sox Stix, but the colourway immediately barber-poled so I frogged them. Can't say I was loving the pattern either - this needs a rethink.

So instead, I cast on my magical scarf. A few weeks ago Jane and I stopped in at Linda's Craftique in Port Credit where we happened upon a lovely scarf. That we both agreed that it was lovely is quite something - Jane and I usually don't like the same things. When I enquired about the pattern, Linda explained that she had reverse engineered it after seeing a similar scarf that she liked, but for which she could not find a pattern. After Linda typed up her instructions for me, the construction struck me as so novel and so magical that I just had to try it. The scarf uses exactly one skein of Hand Maiden Casbah - gorgeous hand-painted yarn in a luxurious blend of Merino, Cashmere and Nylon. If it all works out I'll write up the pattern, and, with Linda's permission, publish it here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your colourway immediately barber-poled so you frogged them? Wow. Now that's a sentence! But what does it mean? Us non-knitters on the east coast of Canada need to know!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Oooh I like the look of that yarn!