Monday morning I woke up with nothing on needles. My Breeze socks are done. My Ravelympics bag is done. And the next Sockalong won't post for a couple of weeks yet. Which, by my calculations, leaves me a couple of weeks to start and finish another pair of socks.
With the Regia Bamboo from SpinRite, I've made a good start on a pattern from Garnstudio & Drops Design - a pair of comfortable ribbed socks. On the GO train to work and back I cast on and knitted a gauge swatch, then cast on the first sock at home after supper.
I guess I didn't know what to expect from the variegated colours. So far the colours haven't pooled or done anything odd. But I expected more of a striped effect, not the undefined blotchy texture I'm seeing so far. It's okay. I like the way it looks, but it's a bit disconcerting - this curious unpredictability. Because I normally think of knitting as a controlled exercise.