Thursday, August 14, 2008

giving in to temptation

Mom and I had been looking forward to the SpinRite tent sale in Listowel for weeks. But, although we bought bags of yarn - like Patons Classic Wool at $13 for 5 skeins - we were both a bit disappointed. Oh, there was lots to choose from. But mostly novelty yarns, some cotton, and a few yarns with small amounts of Bamboo or Cashmere fibre. 

While at SpinRite, we peeked in the factory outlet store. And didn't leave empty-handed. We couldn't resist the sock yarns, so my stash now boasts some Regia and some On Your Toes Bamboo. It'll probably come in handy when the next Sockalong is posted in a couple of weeks. At least that's what I told myself as I carried it to the cashier. Because it would've been shocking to spend that kind of money if I hadn't needed it.

No comments: