Thursday, August 21, 2008

getting carried away

I'm in the honeymoon phase with these socks. Stitch by stitch, round after round, they get better and better. As I knit, I pause to stretch the ribs around my hand and imagine finished socks. Should I buy up every ball of this yarn in Ontario? And knit a pair of socks for every day of the week? Make matching socks for all my friends for Christmas? The colours go with everything I own - wouldn't it be great to have a sweater in the same yarn?

But who's kidding who! There's absolutely no chance that I'll be knitting an adult sized sweater on tiny 2.25mm sock needles - that's crazy! And as much as I love the colours, on the needles the yarn feels a bit scratchy. They'll look great, but I'll have to wait to see how comfortable they are. So I'm trying not to get ahead of myself.

Although, if you'd be disappointed Christmas morning to find socks under the tree, you might want to start giving me hints now. Just in case.

No comments: