Sunday, February 20, 2011

WIP wrestling match #4


Can you believe that this shawl had been balled up in a bag in the yarn cupboard since June of last year? It just needed the ends woven in and then blocking. Good grief, why did I put that off? I'm usually more disciplined than that. In fact, the other day my friend Nancy insisted to her sister that I was "a finisher" when Theresa expressed skepticism about the likelihood that we'd complete our shared blanket project.

Last night I planned to work through the ends while watching the Leafs game. The last end was woven in just as the dignitaries and team captains finished the ceremonial puck drop; the game proper hadn't even begun. Somehow, getting started on the ends took more time than finishing them.

2 comments:

Allison said...

That is too beautiful to be balled up in a bag! Glad you got it finished.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I always seem to have at least one project like that... you're never quite sure why you didn't just take the little bit of time to finish it!