Tuesday, October 26, 2010

doh!


By picking up one stitch for each stitch on the cast off edges of the centre blocks, I came up with 132 stitches on each of the 4 blanket sides. Referring to the lace chart for the border of Jared Flood's Tweed Baby Blanket I increased another 14 stitches on each side to end up with 8 repeats of the chart plus a stitch on each end of each side. So I'm away to the races. Er, at least, I was.

This morning I took a fresh look at the lace chart. Oh, I see; it's purl rows that create the ridges that characterize this border, and I've just skipped right past the first purl row. Drat! What this means is that the hours before work are allocated to tinking out the almost six hundred stitches of the last round. My mantra for today? If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right!

2 comments: