Wednesday, March 17, 2010

finished Nutkins


My Nutkins are done and I'm very pleased. The pattern is simple but striking, and the resulting socks look comfortable and wearable. And they're done weeks before the birthday! Shocking! You see, I'm the sort who leaves things to the last minute, underestimates what's involved and then bites off way more than I can chew.

Picture me desperately knitting a fair isle yoke on Christmas eve.

Picture me frantically sewing sweater seams in a Tim Hortons 10 minutes away from a friend's house.

Looking back there were years when Mom would pitch in to help save me from whatever I've gotten myself into. But these socks are done well ahead and I'm trying really, really hard not to fall into the trap of thinking that I could or should knit something more for the birthday.

5 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I once came my mom a sweater totally unassembled. All the pieces where there. just not sewn up. Last Christmas mom wanted to knit dad a sweater, but she didn't have time. She didn't even get it cast on. I told her to wrap the yarn up in a box and include a note that said "Some assembly required" she wouldn't go for it.

Susan said...

We've all been there I think. The socks are perfect just as they are.

Mark said...

Strangely, your description of yourself does not match my understanding of you at all. You're as organised as they come and, if you have these problems, then I guess there's no hope for the rest of us!

Frieda said...

Deadlines help me to focus on a given project , but I still underestimate the time involved . At least I don't usually cast on for a new project when a deadline driven one is on he needles . Usually :-)) .

Love the socks , btw !

WildflowerWool said...

The socks look great. Doesn't it feel good to have something finish early?! The knitting Tim Horton's parking lot is something I have done on more than one occasion!