Monday, August 24, 2009

a few things done


One in-progress project wasn't a knitting project at all. At the Spinrite tent sale I wandered into the fabric area and spotted a faux chenille blanket on display. I'd never seen anything like it, and had to try it for myself. So I promptly purchased a few yards of 3 different flannelettes, some 505 spray and slash cutter. It was easy to do and creates an interesting effect. I may do a few more, but next time, smaller, with the chenille rows tighter together and with a quilt style mitred binding. The really nice thing is that it's done, the sewing machine, iron and ironing board put away, and the house already looks tidier.

The first orange hat is also done. I know babies sleep through loud noises, I just hope they sleep through loud colours as well. Psst ... if you're really quiet, and hold your head close to your monitor, you may just hear Jane cheering at the cheerful tangerine orange.

The second Glynis sock? That's been a struggle. Seems like every couple of rows I check my stitch count only to find I've gone wrong again. Aargh!

1 comment:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

My mom has fiddled with the chenille blankets before, but I never have.. they are neat though