Tuesday, June 23, 2009

my new trick

Last night I put off finishing my Hey Teach cardigan until today. My excuses? Too tired. Fed up from work. Might be tricky and time consuming. Better to start fresh in the morning. All valid excuses, but really the delay may have been more to do with anticipatory anxiety. I wasn't confident I could do the seaming well - afraid I'd wreck the sweater and then be frustrated and disappointed.

This morning it was time to go for it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. And as it so often goes, the hardest thing was getting started. With the cardigan pieces spread across the counter, and this tutorial on screen, I learned how to seam using mattress stitch. Looks knitted together, Gavin says. My best seam ever.

4 comments:

MagicalJane said...

wow, GREAT JOB!

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

thank you for that brilliant link!
hey teach looks great.

Anonymous said...

Another amazing project. You kind of scare me, you know? Is there anything you take up that you don't do well?

Karen said...

Beautiful! I will have to bookmark this site for my next project.