Wednesday, June 10, 2009

counting stitches to stay on track


At first glance, the lace pattern doesn't seem complicated. But my goodness, it takes a lot of attention to keep the right number of stitches through the armhole shaping. There's been lots of tinking and reknitting already. What I've done so far is probably not entirely correct, but I'm halfway up the shoulders, I have the right number of stitches, and I can't see any obvious errors - so onward! Nothing for it but to count all the stitches after working each RS row. Being vigilant, to catch mistakes right away and stay on track.

The yarn - Cloud Cotton by Estelle - is nice. For a cotton it is surprisingly soft and easy on the hands. I'm trying really, really hard to convince myself I like it. And can't quite put my finger on why I don't. Maybe just because it's cotton? Mostly I muse about other yarns that I could knit a sweater like this from.

No comments: