Saturday, March 31, 2012

FO: Susie Roger's Reading Mitts

yummy yarn, fab pattern

Regular readers of my blog will recognize this pattern: Susie Roger's Reading Mitts, a favourite of mine and counting this pair, I've knit this pattern three times. This time around I've knit the mitts in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK and they are fabulous! Buttery soft and smooth, the yarn was an absolute pleasure to knit and very luxurious to wear.

Each mitt took about 2/3rds of a 50gr ball, so I'm left with enough to make one more mitt. Which begs the question ... should I buy one more ball to make another matching pair? On the one hand, a pair of these gloves would be a very nice Christmas present for some lucky person on my gift list. But on the other hand, I'm supposed to be on a yarn diet, right? Can I consider it stash-busting if I buy one ball in order to use up two smaller leftover balls?

As you may have guessed from the radio silence on this end, my week was ridiculously busy. What with going into work early and getting home late I've barely had a minute to knit ... or blog. These gloves were pretty much knit in transit. Precious little progress has been made on my vest but hopefully that will change over the course of the weekend. In fact, maybe that's what I should do next? Hmmmm. Knitting? Or laundry?

5 comments:

Alittlebitsheepish said...

The yarn looks gorgeous and I love the edging detail on this pattern. I think it would still count as stash busting to buy a ball to use up leftovers, are the leftovers enough to make anything without the extra?

Pumpkin said...

I love that pattern, but have yet to knit it. Your pair came out looking perfect, no wonder you love the pattern! I hope life slows down a little bit for you this weekend.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I have got to make myself a pair of those mitts! The cashmerino must make them so smooshy!

Catherine said...

I love those mittens, so simple to knit but so pretty too. I blogged about them here http://chopkins2011.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/in-more-detail.html

Stefanie said...

Oooh! Buttery DB yarn for those lovely mitts? Wonderful treat a knitter could do for herself.
I think you should get another ball. It'll be a gift for someone, something noble and from 'da heart.