Thursday, December 23, 2010

wrapping things up


With the heel of the second sock done and the pattern established for the leg the rest of the knitting on these Railwayish socks should be easy enough. I'll finish them tonight or tomorrow. Although this pair will be wrapped up before Christmas there is no possibility to deliver them in time, so they're late.

You know, I had the strongest urge to split an infinitive in that last sentence ... will be technically done ... but then a little voice in my head warned: your brother will read this, your brother will spot it immediately and he will comment on it. Just don't do it!

Ahem, back to knitting. This morning I looked at the calendar, took a deep breath and admitted to myself that, after these socks, no more hand knitted projects will be completed before Christmas. That's it, I'm done. It's kind of relief, isn't it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Sister, Thanks for trying but "will be done" is not an infinitive. Split away. "Will technically be done" is just fine with me. With love from your bother.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I too have thrown in the towel and faced reality - I will finish two project .. the rest will have to wait!

Elizabeth said...

lol, Mark! You are so funny.