Tuesday, December 21, 2010

crunch time


The Christmas lunch at work was Monday. I should know, I organized it. Too bad I was too busy at work to attend. I'm told it was good fun and at least the boss brought me back take-out.

This happens every year at my work. In the days leading up to the holidays our clients jam through a bunch of work for delivery before Christmas and a bunch more for delivery before year end. Somebody once explained that advertising budgets expire December 31st - it's use it or lose it. Not spending it this year can mean that next year's budget is reduced by that same amount.

As a result, I'm not getting very far with the second sock. With a couple days left before Christmas I'm only at the gusset increases. And four pairs of socks are yet to be started. My hope is to finish this pair before Christmas, and one more pair for the 29th of December. The remaining three pairs will just have to wait for next year! Today's goals are to catch up at work, eat three meals and get eight hours of sleep. It'd be nice to make it through this crunch healthy enough to enjoy the holidays.

3 comments:

Frieda said...

Good luck with that second sock and the pair scheduled for the 29th.

I've let go some of the intended gifts and will get to them after the holidays .

Merry Christmas and happy knitting !

Anonymous said...

Accccccccccckkkkkkkkkkk...I hate end of the year rush.


I ran into the same issue when I needed my glasses repaired last week. The eye doctor's office was swamped with everyone trying to use up this year's flex funds before they run out. :-(

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

I know some companies have their Xmas parties in January cos of the panicky christmas rush from their clients.
hope the sock gets done!