Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Traveler's socks done


With my second Estonian Traveler's sock done, I'm officially finished the first pair of socks on my Christmas knitting list. Only 142 days left to Christmas eve! Sooooo many pairs of socks planned!

About this sock: the pattern is gorgeous and I'm definitely thinking of knitting it again. Or finding more Nancy Bush patterns to knit. If I knit it again, I'll knit the calf on larger needles and the ankle on smaller needles; that might just perfect the fit. Sheesh, did they ever take a lot of yarn, though! About 70 grams for each sock. But with over 60 grams left from the original two skeins, there's enough for a pair of ankle socks for me. Maybe that'll make giving this pair away a little easier?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

I haven't even thought about Christmas knitting yet. Guess I'd better get on that. LOL

Anonymous said...

Regarding your comment on my blog:

Yes, I ripped it all out. I really want to keep these socks for myself.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

They look great!That is definitely a pattern I'm going to have to put in my queue