Tuesday, August 17, 2010

a sunny Tuesday


It's another beautiful summer day - sunny, warm, with a light breeze. Seems like this summer has been one sunny day after another; certainly it's been the nicest summer I can remember. Almost a shame to have to go to work on a day like this!

Progress on the second sock is steady. Of course, with such an easy pattern I don't spend much time referring to charts. And I don't know about you, but I can't bring myself to put the sock down after rounds where the floats are started. I finish the pattern repeat so that it looks nicer.

Our cat is spending part of her morning nestled in Gavin's flip flops. Not sure whether she's infatuated with the smell, or whether she thinks that by lying on his shoes she is preventing him from leaving the house. She does love his feet, though!

2 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

When mom got Lady, I was still living at home. As a puppy she liked to chew shoes - but only my shoes. She wouldn't bother anyone else's. I think pets are just weird like that

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

nothing like jnitting in the sun! love the socks btw...