Wednesday, August 11, 2010

the stars align


For the last few days I haven't had much luck. Not knitting-wise, and not otherwise. Things took a definite turn when I slipped on the stairs at the train station and sprained my ankle on my way to work Monday morning. Ouch!

But it's Wednesday now and the news is all good. The X-Rays show no fractures. With a couple of days of rest, elevation and icing, the swelling has gone done considerably so that I can now walk slowly - although stairs are still a tedious and painful ordeal. And within a few days my left foot should be one big purple and brown bruise.

Speaking of purple and brown, I've moved onto this Misty Highlands colourway of Wandering Cat Alley Cat sock yarn. The pattern is Leyburn Socks and I don't think I could be any happier with how this is knitting up. See, the stars have realigned and my luck is back - knitting-wise and otherwise.

4 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Looking good - I love it when a knitting plan comes together :)

Anonymous said...

Owwwwwwwwweee ... hope your ankle is feeling to rights real soon.

The sock, on the other hand, looks great!

Frieda said...

The sock looks super ! Hope the ankle heals well ; enjoy the forced rest/knitting time ;-) ....

WildflowerWool said...

Great sock pattern! Hope your ankle is feeling better soon :)