Sunday, August 8, 2010

started and restarted


After trying on the mitt upon finishing the thumb gusset it was time to face facts. These Broad Street Mittens just weren't working for me. The cuff felt overly narrow, and the wrist, too bulky. No point carrying on that way, so, with a deep breath, I ripped it all out.

I'm trying again with some mods to address the fit problems. To begin with I've cast on a half dozen more stitches for the cuff and switched the ribbing to K4P2 so it doesn't bunch up so much. And I plan to knit 5 inches of cuff and then turn it up to form a doubled fabric. And then, we'll see. My track record for modifying patterns is not good, but what's the worst that can happen? I've already ripped it all out once!

1 comment:

Frieda said...

Good luck with the modifications ! I really , really love the colour !