Thursday, August 5, 2010

more knitting plans


When Jane inquired about local charities accepting knitted hats, scarves and mitts for the homeless, I recommended Street Knit. Which got me to thinking ... I should knit some hats and mitts for them as well. It'd be an ideal use for the various skeins of worsted weight in my stash!

Seems like I'm just tearing through the second Scylla sock! With just a day of knitting, I'm already nearing the gusset increases. I'd guess that these'll be finished by the weekend. Mittens next, I think!

And today is my SIL's birthday. I'll wish her a happy day, but, her family is taking her to the Ganong Chocolate Factory, so it should almost certainly be a great day! Hopefully she likes the hand-knitted socks that she unwrapped this morning!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Ah... chocolate and knitting my two favorite things:) The socks look great! Can't wait to see the mittens.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmmmmmm...chocolate AND handknit socks? It does not get better than that!