Tuesday, June 22, 2010

starting the first sleeve


Motivation to finish this sweater is ramping up, now that I have a plan for how to proceed with my Tea Leaves cardigan. But I've promised myself that the latter won't be started until the little sweater is done ... probably by the end of this week.

I cast on the first sleeve late last night while Gavin read. He's stuck in Lee Child's latest book, 61 Hours, and can't put it down. Curled up in an armchair knitting, I reflected that this yarn, Moda Dea Washable Wool, is an absolute pleasure to knit. Many Ravelers have complained about numerous knots, but I've been lucky so far - just one knot in the first three balls. So far I'm really pleased with the way the pattern is knitting up. I just hope the neckband is as well-done as the rest of the pattern. Guess I'll find out in a couple of days.

No comments: