Thursday, March 5, 2009

the madding crowd


Monkey by Cookie A. ... the most popular sock pattern on Ravelry. A staggering 8314 pairs are in progress or have been made within the Ravelry Community, with 3881 more Ravelers planning to make them. Imagine that - over 12,000 pairs!

Now that seems like a good bandwagon to climb on. After all, can 12,000 Ravelers be wrong? I've pulled a skein of Fleece Artist Basic Sock Merino out of my stash. It's rewound and ready to cast on. Pretty, pretty colours.

I've turned the heel and knitted through the gusset decreases on my second Sprockets Sock. In the next couple of days the pair should be finished and off the needles. At which point I can swatch for my Monkey socks and join the crowd.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun! Monkey is a great pattern. :-)

Susan said...

You know I didn't make Monkey until the end of last year. I got roped into a KAL in one of my groups. And when I was done I couldn't figure out what took me so long. It's a really fun sock to knit.

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

I might have to jump on the bandwagon too!