Tuesday, March 17, 2009

feels like spring

It's a beautiful spring morning. A bit chilly still this morning, but sunny with blue skies. This March break Torontonians are being spoiled with several days of mild weather. And I'm loving every minute of it. On the train today, I'll cast on Duckies Socks. I joined another KAL - this one, thrifty sock knitters, encourages members to knit one of four or so monthly pattern selections in yarns from their stashes. Good idea! I have most of a skein of On Your Toes Bamboo in my stash which should do the trick!

Of course, I wouldn't cast on a new project unless I'd finished a couple of others! My hat is done and it is gorgeous. The colours are fantastic. And I still love the little seed stitch brim. This picture will have to do for now - until I can find a young child to model for me. My monkey socks are also done - pictures tomorrow once I've woven in the ends and blocked them. New project time!

2 comments:

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

enjoy the sunshine!

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful!! You picked a fantastic yarn!