Tuesday, December 9, 2008

not knitting ...


... but quilting. That's what I've been doing for the last couple of days. It keeps snowing here - keeping me indoors and crafting. Late in November I purchased a pattern and some fabric to make a Table Runner as a Christmas gift. For a while it didn't look like I was going to get to it in time. But Sunday I felt like I was catching up and that I should give this pattern a try.

It's a "Quilt As you Go" pattern. Never done that before, but the saleswoman at the Quilt Shop assured me that I was going to love it. The pattern is "Braid Runner" by G.E. Designs - have a look here and scroll to the bottom of the linked page. I was nervous about starting it. I couldn't visualize how it was going to work, and figured there wasn't much hope of it working out as well as the samples in the quilt shop.

But you never know until you try. It looks amazing - it's just as as easy as they say. Even Gavin admits it looks pretty sharp, which is really saying something. And, yes, that's another project done.

No comments: