Friday, December 5, 2008

like a candy store

Look! Patternfish! It's like an online candy store for knitters. Many a Saturday has been spent flipping through binders of pattern leaflets at Len's Mill and other yarn stores, deciding what to knit next. But now I can do this from home - through the Ravelry pattern databases and now through Patternfish as well.

As I clicked through the patterns, mooning over incredible cabled arans and intricate colourwork, I came across the Taiga pattern. Deep within the 48 pages of women's pullover sweater patterns - doing the math, that's over 500 patterns to choose from. And like a kid in a candy store, there's almost too much choice. I'm staring into the screen wishing I could knit them all.

I love that it's a Canadian site. I love that the designers are being supported and their copyrights protected. And I love that I can get really interesting professional patterns quickly and easily online. Often for $5 or less. Can't beat that! And I really might need to knit this sweater - like the kid in the Candy store, I keep going back to look at it.

1 comment:

MagicalJane said...

Oh you could wip up that wide rib sweater in NO time, I'm sure. Grey?

So listen, I was wondering, since you don't wear shoes in winter, why do you need all these sweaters?