Thursday, April 29, 2010

unbeaded


Way back in November of 2008, Mom and I hatched a plan to knit these beaded amulet bags, with the idea of filling them with small tokens and good luck charms. They were going to be great; we couldn't wait to get started. But our enthusiasm quickly turned to frustration. After much time spent threading tiny seed beads onto thin thread, we soon found that the beads didn't want to stay between the stitches where we placed them - the whole effect was ruined. It was no fun to knit.

So within a week or two of starting, with Christmas just around the corner, the beaded bag projects were bundled up and put aside - permanently as is turns out. The idea of trying this project again fills me with dread. I just don't think I ever will. No way, no how. So today was the day to rip it all out. It's actually quite soothing to see the knitting ripped out, and the beads unthreaded and tidied into ziplocs. Like a problem solved.

2 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I have a couple of sweaters I have to do that to...

Elizabeth said...

Good for you! Isabelle might be interested in the beads, if you're getting rid of them.