Monday, April 5, 2010

luxurious washcloths


On Saturday I went on a bit of a yarn crawl with my sister-in-law. First stop, Romni, then, after lunch in Kensington Market, Lettuce Knit, and finally the Purple Purl. It was a wonderful opportunity for Elizabeth to do some stash-building, particularly from the sale bins at Romni. And it was a gorgeous sunny day for wandering around downtown.

We went together on four different colourways of Berroco NaturLin - a Linen/Rayon blend - plucked from the Romni discount aisles. Our plan? To knit luxurious washcloths from my new pattern book. Four different coloured skeins, each skein divided in half, equals four fabulous washcloths for each of us, right? Wrong! Although I read the pattern instructions far enough to determine that one skein of Louet EuroFlax yields two washcloths, I overlooked the fact that we substituted a 50g skein for 114g. Oh dear, seems I got ahead of myself again.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

oops, I guess we have to get together again to do the washcloths. And do some fancy weaving to make the ends of the yarn disappear. :)

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Sounds like a great way to spend a sunny saturday!