Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Work-in-Progress Wednesday

Seems I mostly knit socks ... and I mostly blog about knitting socks ... but I don't exclusively knit socks and here's the proof: I've cast on a Sea of Dreams baby blanket. There's a baby boy on the way to relatives in Holland; knitting baby things is fun!

I've knit this pattern before and it's absolutely lovely. Typically I don't knit a pattern twice but for this pattern I'll make an exception. The finished product is very striking and the picot hems and seed stitch borders add gorgeous finishing touches.

The yarn is Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino -what a pleasure it is to knit! I wanted a really good superwash yarn for this blanket, and all my research pointed me to this particular yarn. After a few weeks poking about in LYS I wasn't able to find it in sufficient quantities in a matching dyelot, so I ended up ordering online from LoveKnitting.com. It was cheaper than I could source it locally and shipping was free. Six business days later my yarn arrived and I cast on. I'd definitely order from them again!

Now I'd better get back to my knitting. After all, the blanket won't knit itself and the baby won't wait!

7 comments:

Barbara at Knitting | Work in Progress said...

Pretty pattern, yummy yarn, superb stitch work. Very much looking forward to watching this grow.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Pretty!
I've got a baby blanket to get started soon - but I'm still deciding on a pattern.

Andria said...

What a lovely pattern! I particularly like the edging, and the yarn looks wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Ooooooooooo...I love the picot edging. That is going to be a beautiful heirloom!

Stefanie said...

My gosh, a cashmerino baby blanket? I'm envious. That is a terrific color. The pattern is fantastic. I love how the designer paid attention to details on the borders.

Unknown said...

That is beautiful! And wow, not a sock. :D

Delusional Knitter said...

Mmmm I want to reach through the screen and pet it, looks lovely.