In my spare time at work I've been knitting away at my Sarcelle scarf. Slowly but surely it's coming along but I'm beginning to think that my goal to finish by the end of April was optimistic. Of course, with work as busy as it's been I'm only finding time to knit about six rows a day. Still, in this economy it's better to be busy at work than not.
Last night I hoped to make good progress on my second Ensnared sock while Gavin and I watched an action film on DVD. Turns out I can't knit that lattice band correctly while distracted, and as a result, after knitting and ripping back twice I ended up not much further ahead than I started. The pattern is lovely and it's an interesting effect to have the gusset decreases arranged on either side of the top of the instep, but it's working up small. After determining to rip out one pair of socks this week I haven't got the heart to rip out another. The finished pair will fit my friend with size 5 feet beautifully. My size 11s? Not so much. I've been thinking that I could knit a pair for myself by adding 16 stitches and then switching down needle sizes. I'm definitely considering it.
My African Flower Hexagons are hibernating. The ends are woven in. Now the hexagons are awaiting yarn to add borders and join them. I'm vaguely optimistic that I might find that yarn on discount at the DKC Knitter's Frolic a couple of weeks from now so I've set them aside until then. What colour the joins and borders will be is still entirely up in the air, although I seem to be leaning towards a denim-y blue in my head.
As usual, I'm linking up with the gang at Tami's Amis for Work-in-Progress Wednesday. Well worth the time to visit the posted links and have a look at all the amazing work being done!