Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Work-in-Progress Wednesday


At last count I've got 26 African Flower hexagons with ends woven in and a slightly shorter pile of hexagons awaiting attention. There's no rush to complete these as I haven't purchased yarn for the borders and joining yet. I'm thinking about postponing that purchase until the DKC Knitter's Frolic at the end of April. Maybe I can get a deal?

One more pair of socks are off the needles - I'll save that reveal for Friday - and another pair of socks will be cast on today. I've rewound the yarn, printed the pattern and am all ready to start on Ensnared. I'm a little afraid of the pattern because of its unusual heel and gusset construction but the designer assures the knitter that it's easier than it looks.

So the project that's getting the most attention over the last couple of days is this Sarcelle Scarf. When I was given this Schoppel-Wolle Lace Ball for Christmas a couple of years ago I knew I wanted to knit it on the bias. After months of hemming and hawing over patterns I jumped in. So far I'm loving the pattern. I've knit the increase and transition sections and am just starting the even rows that make up the main section of the scarf ... aka the interminable boring part. Wish me luck!

It's Work-in-Progress Wednesday so I'll be linking up with Tami's Amis once her post is up. Please take some time to check out the posts from all the other talented crafters who've linked up! Happy Wednesday!

13 comments:

Elisabeth Andree said...

Your production level is high. Love your knitting work, it looks so beautiful. Sorry that you feel it is boring, so I wish you luck.

Anonymous said...

It is very beautiful. Now that you are to the "boring" part, it's time to find something good on TV or pick up an audio book.

Kim said...

So delicate! I have ball of that yarn and need to find something to do with it.
*smiles*

Michelle said...

Hopefully you'll have some fun color transition to help you get past the boring bit. The yarn looks like it works really well with the pattern.

Karen said...

Your scarf is lovely! The yarn is so pretty.

Janet said...

Beautiful lace!

Stefanie said...

Gosh, that yarn is purrty! It's like angel wings or a cloud.

Unknown said...

www.piskycoveblog.com

Looks gorgeous - love the wool and variation.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

That's a really neat scarf!
Have you got all your DVDs queued up for Ensnared?

Amy said...

What lovely lace and a great yarn choice. I know what you mean about the "boring" parts -- sometimes I like to choose difficult projects to keep me engaged.

Unknown said...

So pretty, but lace weight, Eek! Can't wait to see the socks.

cleancup said...

I haven't knit Ensnared, but I've found Hunter's patterns to be very accessible, even when they look a little complex at the start. Have fun, and I look forward to seeing your progress!

Hazels Crochet said...

The scarf looks beautiful so far, I love the pattern you are using!