Wednesday, July 14, 2010

all these crossed stitches


These Estonian Traveler socks designed by Nancy Bush have been the focus of most of my knitting attention over the last few days. At the sides, crossed stitches zig zag back and forth between columns of purl stitches. In the middle of the sock crossed stitches weave in, cross and then weave out again creating a cabled effect. I'm really enjoying this pattern - it's fun to knit and the result is just beautiful. Did you know Nancy Bush is one of the teachers at Sock Summit 2011? And that this is her favourite pattern of all time?

Of course, I might not be so enthusiastic had my choice of yarn and needles not been so fortunate. All these crossed stitches would be a nightmare if you were trying to work with a splitty yarn or even a dark coloured yarn. And these pointy little Lantern Moon Rosewood Sock Stix are perfect for working them. It's such an enjoyable knit, that I'm almost looking forward to my train trip this morning!

3 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Lovely texture!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see them finished! The "teaser" shot is beautiful!

Frieda said...

Beautiful socks ! I've had that book for ages and have yet to knit a pair of socks from it . After seeing your Traveller socks I'll have to take it off the shelf . Maybe find some inspiration ....