Wednesday, June 26, 2013
At the end of March I decided to gather up all my Berroco Vintage scraps to crochet African Flower Hexagon motifs. And for the last several weeks my finished hexagons have been awaiting a border colour. Finally I went to my LYS and made a decision. Okay, truthfully, I didn't really make a decision. Nina and I laid out all the possible border colours and then settled on this navy blue - the only one that had several balls available in the same dyelot. I wasn't sure how many I'd need for joining and borders - more than one and less than three I guessed - so I'll use whatever's left in a Surprise baby blanket. That pattern's been in my library for months, awaiting yarn and inspiration!
My original thought was to "join as you go" according to this tutorial, but after trying it I decided it was simpler just to join it all up with single crochet. Both Gavin and I have terrible head colds, so simpler is definitely better right now! This morning I wove in all the ends, so all that's left is a couple more rounds of navy blue border. Yes FO Friday, I have my sights firmly set on you!
At work, when I haven't the energy or focus to plug away at my Shark Week Socks, I'm also working on a Teapot Cozy as requested by Linda. The pattern has vertical stripes that are gathered in pleats by short floats on the wrong side. It's clever construction but it's a really unpleasant knit - all those stitches tightly bunched on the needles ... never mind this splitty and squeaky acrylic from Michael's Art and Crafts! Yech! I hope she likes it because I don't plan to ever make another of these!
It's Wednesday, so I hope you have time to check out the links at Tami's Amis. There's almost always some surprising and inspirational things going on!