Saturday, April 23, 2011

at the lake


We packed up the car early Friday morning to head to the Lake to bring Nancy her new Stand-Up Paddle Board. As soon as we arrived Gavin and Nancy donned wetsuits to try it out, leaving me onshore as the official photographer. Conditions weren't ideal - cold, rainy at times, windy and quite choppy - but Nancy was able to get up on her board, paddle around and have a bit of fun.

I did find time to knit a bit further on my Herringbone Ribbed socks. In fact, the first sock is nearly done. Like most things in this world, this pattern gets easier with practice. No need to look at the chart anymore, and I'm able to detect and fix mistakes much quicker.

One more thing ... although we may not have appreciated all the rain over the last couple of days, my garden certainly did! The daylilies are really coming on strong now. A few days of sunshine and things should really take off!

2 comments:

WildflowerWool said...

Nice progress on your sock!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Too cold to play in the water for me! But I did get to take the top off the car!